Wednesday, February 18: 1Peter 3- how we treat others matters.

I found myself thinking about how all-encompassing the life of faith is. God speaks about how we are to act as spouses, as well as how we are to treat other people in general, particularly when we are suffering for our faith.

Following Jesus, believing in Jesus, being a Christian should impact how we live and treat others in every area of our lives. All my social interactions from casual acquaintances to best friends and closest relatives changes because of my faith in and obedience to almighty God through Jesus Christ.

I found myself thinking about how I act toward relatives, friends and the ‘no-names’ who I meet in checkout lines and gas stations. I’m wondering if I reflect my Savior appropriately and well to these people. I am wondering if my attitude with and toward them is faithful to Jesus.  I am wondering if God is honored by these relationships I have.

This morning I am doing a lot of wondering… thanks to the very Words of God from 1Peter 3.

Lord I have pledged my obedience and servitude to You, when by Your grace, I started following You. My life has changed but there is MUCH room for more and continual change. Help me, Lord, to reflect You, to follow You and to obey You in all things. This I pray in the name of my God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment