Thursday, March 12: Hebrews 10- The progression of faith.

I sat wowed by verse Hebrews 14. It grabbed me and taught me. Speaking of Jesus’ ‘once for all’ sacrifice on the cross the writer pens: For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

Notice the completed nature of the verb, the sacrifice of Jesus has made perfect forever… Christ’s work completes the salvation of all who believe. What a gift! But the sentence doesn’t end there. It goes on to say has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. We have a role in our ongoing life of faith… who are being made perfect.  Perfection doesn’t come instantly or easily. It is a joint work where we cooperate with God Who is working in us. Working toward our perfection takes a lifetime, and the reality is that we will never fully reach it until we are made completely new in eternity.

I am thankful for what Jesus has done for me. And I show my thankfulness by working on the aspects of life that God reveals to me so that I can follow Jesus more and more closely every day, month and year of my life!

Jesus does the saving… we cooperate in the growing in holiness!

May Jesus Christ be praised… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment