Thursday, November 26: Matthew 10- Church arise.

God has a sense of humor and a sense of the moment. As I read this chapter for my daily devotions, I am getting ready for the final day of teaching at a Spiritual Warfare conference. The last 3 days have been spent with 50+ people teaching, explaining, demonstrating and practicing principles of Spiritual Warfare. And as the sun rises this morning and I am centering my heart and life in God’s Word for the day, this is the Scripture that opens my Bible reading for today!

Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. … These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give (1-8).

Like I said, Jesus knows how to speak into the moment!!!

I hear loud and clear from the Lord… we have been given authority, to proclaim the message of the Kingdom of Heaven. And how is that accomplished? Jesus says, Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Church arise and embrace your calling…

God pounds this into to my heart and life…

Lord, I offer myself back to You today. Use me to demonstrate Your Kingdom, pronouncing Your kingdom and setting people free from the entanglements of the evil one. May I be a conduit of Your healing, cleansing, driving out of every demonic force to the end so that You, Jesus, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, are believed in, praised and honored by those set free. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment