Tuesday, January 19: Genesis 8- New beginnings.

Verse 17: Bring out every kind of living creature that is with you—the birds, the animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground—so they can multiply on the earth and be fruitful and increase in number on it.

Those last verses, parroting what God said after creation, echoed in my thoughts as a new beginning. Humanity had a fresh start.

My mind whirled with the idea of new beginnings…

Every day is a mini-new beginning. I get to rise and start afresh. I can experience God’s creation and life a fresh. I can restart relationships with others. Mornings can be new beginnings.

Professing faith in Jesus offers a new beginning as God wipes our spiritual slate clean and gives us a new heart. Ahh, new beginnings!

Confession and forgiveness offer new beginnings. God invites me to come to Him and confess my sin whenever and as often as I need (read 1John 1:9). Each earnest confession is graced with the gift of forgiveness… I can start over… new beginnings.

Every time I live into Jesus’ prayer, “forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors (Matthew 6:12) I am offering and experiencing a new beginning. Relationships can be repaired and a new start granted such is forgiveness’ new beginnings.

New Year, which we recently experienced, offers a new beginning. There is something about the clean calendar of a new year that can lift the burdens of last year and offer hope for the year to come.

Humankind had new hope as Noah exited the ark…

This morning I pondered the many new beginnings that God offers us regularly throughout life. Question is… “Do I take advantage of them???”

Do you?

Think about it.

Lord, thank You for the fresh start of today. I pray that my heart can experience You and life anew today. That the wonder of knowing Jesus is real and fresh and enlivening today as it was that first day many years ago that I was ‘born again’ into new life with You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment