Tuesday, November 13: Isaiah 55- God's life-giving presence.

The last few days for me have been emotionally tough for me; some insecurity and anxiety consumed a bunch of my thoughts and interrupted my sleep. I bared my soul with my wife last night and met with a trusted brother in Christ first thing this am. Both were healthy steps for me to take. Then I opened the Word for my time with the Lord. Oh my, did God show up. (It continually amazes me how often my standard Bible reading provides a perfect touch from the Lord. God is good.)

Right out of the gate these words greeted me: Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Immediately I could feel stress washing off me. I came... and God provided what only God can, Himself.

A few moments later I read: Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near (6). Every day when I sit with my Bible open I am seeking the Lord. Not only was God found by me, it was like the Lord was standing there all along just waiting for me to glance His way!

And just a few verses later came these words: As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it (9-11). More encouragement and more peace came to me.

I don't understand why I (we) go through times like I am going through, but God's ways are higher than mine. And His Word nourishes in tough times and good times. I am feeling nourished by the Lord and His Word this morning. 

Finally the following verse 12a placed an exclamation mark on God's visit with me this morning. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace...

Thank You, Lord. Bless You, Lord. You have given me exceedingly more than I could have asked for or imagined as I sat with You today. Halleluiah. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment