Tuesday, August 26: 2Kings 24- Sad, sad words.

It was because of the LORD's anger that all this happened to Jerusalem and Judah, and in the end he thrust them from his presence (20).

Sad, sad words… God thrust them from His presence.

God’s presence was what separated Israel from all other nations. God’s presence in the Temple is what made it special. In His anger and wrath God thrust them from his presence.

I remember Moses saying to God, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here…” (Exodus 33:15). Moses understood that it was God’s presence that set apart His people from all other peoples. Now today we read that after years of warning and sending prophets to no avail, God does the unthinkable, God removes His people from His presence.

What a disaster. What a punishment…

I am wondering if I (we) understand the gift and wonder of God’s presence with us?

I find myself sitting and thanking God, the Holy Spirit, for being with us and in us and never letting us go…

Oh, Spirit, I thank You for being the distinguishing mark in me. Your presence sets me apart. Your presence marks me as God’s own. Your presence gives me life. Your presence makes all the difference. Without You I would be lost. Your presence guarantees my inheritance. Your presence will see me home.

I praise and bless You, God, most high. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment