Wednesday, February 21: 2Chronicles 16- So sad.

My heart trembles as I read this chapter… How can someone so faithful become so hard against the Lord? I knew it was difficult to receive a rebuke from the Lord, but Asa seemed to shut his heart to the Lord. The line at the end was particularly sad for me to read… Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the LORD, but only from the physicians (12). He did not and apparently he would not seek help from the Lord. Oh, my!

I never quite understand the journey from faithfulness to faithlessness… but at the same time I feel a sense of warning. If Asa could fall any of us can fall, and more to the point, I could fall. And this scares me and drives me to my knees…

O God, protect me. Keep me safe. I throw myself on Your mercy. Lord, I cling to You and I hold to the Word particularly in Romans 8:28-30: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Lord, I hold to the truth You will see me to glory. I love You, Lord, and I praise You as my Savior, Lord and Redeemer. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment