Thursday, May 17: Job 31- Innocence?!?.

Job makes a case for his innocence to friends, but mostly to the Lord. The implicit understanding is that if I am innocent then the trials I am enduring would cease. The trials are seen as punishment for sin.

Surely poor sin-filled decisions sometimes cause us pain, but not always. One cannot set up an equation, good living = blessed living. Not all sin reaps pain in this side of eternity.

Job expected vindication from the Lord for all his clean living.

Oh, God, I know that I cannot possible live up to and satisfy Your law perfectly. Oh, God, every day I realize this and the burden of failure is great. Thank You, Jesus, for love, mercy, forgiveness, care, presence and all manner of other great gifts that You bestow. Thank You and bless You, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment