Saturday, June 9: 1Corinthians 9- Run well.

Run... run the race wisely and steadfastly and faithfully. Run... Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize (24).

Run in such a way as to get the prize... Those words struck me hard.

Live your life in such a way as to get the prize...

Live your life as best you can for Jesus.

Above all else live faithfully for Jesus.

Plan your life to live faithfully.

Give every effort to live faithfully for God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit.

I think of marathoners... there is strategy during the race and training before the race, both of which allow a runner to run in such a way as to get the prize. You have to know when to go hard and go alone and when to keep with a group and let the energy of the group carry you. You have to know the pace you can sustain.

The analogies are straightforward with life and living for Jesus. Many times I need people to help me run my best. There are also times I need to be alone with the Lord and allow Him to speak into me. And there are times when I need to break off from people holding me back and run my race for Jesus.

So may thoughts circulate in my thoughts... thoughts about training, thoughts about nutrition and rest and rhythm.

People don't accidently run a marathon well... and people don't live a life worthy of our calling in Jesus by accident either.

What do I need to do to run my life well for Jesus?  These are the thoughts upon which I am ruminating. 

Lord, to run well, to live well, to finish well... none of these will happen by chance. Guide me, O Holy Spirit, that I might pay attention to Your voice and follow Your lead as an athlete follows her or his trainers and coaches. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment