Thursday, November 8: Isaiah 51- Are you listening for God?.

Even given their sad and disobedient history, God continues to call out to Israel. This chapter is an 'all points bulletin' calling Israel home. "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn; … "Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: Instruction will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations (1,4).

As God called over and over again to Israel, God, likewise, calls to me, to you, to all… "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD… "Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: Instruction will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations.

Listen to me… am I paying attention to the Lord? Am I honestly listening to His voice or am I simply feigning interest in the Lord? Will I really follow the Lord and His word? Listening to the Lord is more that hearing His words, it is ingesting His word and following His word.

You who pursue righteousness… can that honestly and fairly be said of me? Do I pursue righteousness? Am I seeking righteousness and justice for others??? Those who know me, would they say of me, "Ahh, Bill lived for righteousness?" Would that be one of the first things they note of me????

These questions are probing. And I believe I come up wanting as I seek to answer them honestly.

Lord God, this morning's look at self is difficult. It is painful. How greatly I need a savior. How greatly, Lord, I need You. I love You, Lord God… and I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment