Wednesday, November 7: Isaiah 50- A Call to people lost.

The chapter has some natural divisions. Verse 4 marks the beginning of a new section, a song of the servant who will become prominent in the coming chapters. In the midst of the servant's words, verse 10, God extends a hand to those in darkness. Who among you fears the LORD and obeys the word of his servant? Let the one who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on their God.

Trust in the name of the Lord; yes, rely on God. God extends Himself to those who are lost, who are wandering in darkness. Trust. Rely on God.

This thought is reminiscent of Jesus' Word, For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost (Luke 19:10).

God longs for all to know Him and find their true home in Him. So, Jesus, the suffering servant, came to seek the lost and bring them home to God, the Father.

I am so thankful this is true, because Jesus sought me and found me and led me home. As John Newton penned, I was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see. (Amazing Grace).

Lord God, thank You for your amazing grace which drew me to You and saved me. I was lost but now am found... all due to Your love and Your grace and Your mercy. Through Jesus, my Savior, I rejoice in You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment