Wednesday, October 19: Isaiah 48- What is best.

I found myself focusing on verse 16-17: Come near me and listen to this: …. This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.

What a simple truth and yet profound. God is my teacher. He teaches me the way I should go. His way is best. My heart knows this is true and yet I continue to struggle to follow God’s way. Living God’s way is not easy. My selfish, sin-filled self rebels and leads me to go my own way.

My heart breaks, the pain I have brought upon myself, by following my way instead of God’s way. Oh, the peace I often forfeit, oh, the needless pain I have born going my way instead of God’s.

Verse 18 stings a bit because it is sooo true. If only [I] had paid attention to [God’s] commands, [my] peace would have been like a river, [my] righteousness like the waves of the sea.

O Lord, forgive me for my waywardness, for straying from Your path, sometimes carelessly, often willfully. Forgive me, Lord, please.

Restore to me a willing spirit and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Guide me by Your grace to Your paths of righteousness, that I may walk with You all the days of my life.

Lord, may the joy of Your salvation dance in my life and may Your peace surround me. May I know the wonder of sharing You with others who see a living faith in Jesus in me. Through the power of the Spirit, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment