Monday, February 13: Jeremiah 41- A secular land.

 

Intrigue, assignation, cold-blooded murders, kidnapping, revenge are some of the elements of this chapter, but not one mention of the Lord. The voice of God has disappeared in Jerusalem and Judah. The tale told in this chapter seems more fitting for a soap opera than a chapter in the life of the people of God.

This is what happens when the word of God ceases to be the foundation of life.

I hear a warning in this chapter… a warning to us in the 21st century. It is easy to build a life on our wisdom and our strength, yet have it devoid of God and the wisdom of His Word.  It is called a ‘secular world’ and we see the results of it everyday when we pick up the newspaper or scan the headlines of our web news sources.

You and I may not be able to control our world, but we can control our lives. Are you (am I) building my life on the Word of God? Or are we living unto ourselves, building our lives on our best wisdom devoid of God and the wisdom of His Word?

Thank about it…

Lord, I pray that my mornings with You will help me build my life upon You and Your Word and Your wisdom. Help me to not merely read Your Word but digest it. Grant me the gift of Your Holy Spirit that You might teach me the truth of Your Word and the Spirit’s power to incorporate the Word’s power and wisdom into my life. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment