Wednesday, December 18: Mark 3- Always there.

Do you ever get annoyed when people crowd your space or time? You have a day off and then someone calls and asks for a favor. Or you are working and you set the afternoon for a particular project and it seems like everyone in the office needs to ask you a question.

Maybe it is ‘introverted me’, but sometimes I need my space and I don’t want to be bothered.

Anyway, I got to wondering how Jesus did it. In this chapter alone, Jesus is pressed, and I mean PRESSED, by crowds on at least 3 occasions.

Jesus withdrew with his disciples to the lake, and a large crowd from Galilee followed (7).

Then Jesus entered a house, and again a crowd gathered, so that he and his disciples were not even able to eat (20).

A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."  (32)

How did He keep going? How did He keep giving?

This got me thinking, I cannot come up with one time when Jesus refused an invitation or passed by someone asking for help. This speaks volumes to me.

And now that Jesus is resurrected and ascended into heaven, things haven’t changed. Jesus is available whenever I need to talk, cry, scream, or rant. What a blessings it is living life in relationship with Jesus…

Thanks, Jesus, for always being there for me… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment