Tuesday, January 27: Romans 8- Overwhelmed by Joy.

As soon as my eyes lit on the opening verses and mind and heart filled with its message, I knew this is where I wanted to spend my devotional time with Jesus.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit (1-4).

What words! What truth! No more condemnation for people in Christ Jesus! Halleluiah! I just want to sing praises and thanks to the Lord because He did it! Jesus became our sin offering. He took on my sin that God’s righteous requirements might be fulfilled and I can live condemnation free through faith in Jesus!

Joy to the world, Jesus took my place. I am free from the death strangle of sin because Jesus defeated death!

My mind is just exploding with thanks and praise to Jesus. What a message! What a truth!

Lord Jesus, thank you for what You did for every person who believes. I am overwhelmed and so blessed this morning thinking about Your incredible gift. Words escape me. My mind is so full of gratitude and yet it cannot form words.

Lord, as I sit and bask in the glow of the salvation you provided I renew my pledge to You… my pledge to love, obey and follow You wherever You lead. To You, Jesus, be all honor and glory together with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment