Monday, March 21: 2Chronicles 20- Doing the right thing.

 

As I began reading this chapter, everything in me wanted to shout, “YEAH, He got it right!” In a time of national crisis, Jehoshaphat sought God for direction and even more, he called all the people throughout the land to join him in a fast, seeking the Lord!

My heart knew what he should do and he did it.  As I thought that last sentence and typed its words, the nudge of the Spirit came in a simple word, “Do you do the right thing, Bill?  Do you?”

It is easy to know what others should do to be faithful, however it is harder when it is me.

The story continues as God provides the deliverance. God answers prayer. God comes to our aid. God delivers.  And to this I say, “Yeah God! You live up to Your Word. Bless and thank You, Lord.

Lord, thank You for today’s reading. I am so encouraged to watch someone live faithfully and see You come through! Oh, that brightens my soul and reminds me to keep at living faithfully to You. May Your name be praised through my living and acting and being. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

PS. I noticed in the last verse that Jehoshaphat makes another bad choice to ally himself with Ahab’s son.  It reminds me that we each have weak spots in our faith and we need to build especially strong defenses in these areas. Hmmmm…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment