Friday, May 13: Job 1- What?

If you haven’t read Job before, then your head may be swimming with questions. Feel free to shoot me an email and I will do my best to answer your questions.

My personal devotional thoughts this morning lingered on the scene in heaven and not the calamities that God allowed to fall upon Job. I was struck by the idea that Satan stood before God in heaven (6-12) and that Satan spoke with God!

This just twisted my head this morning, “How could any created being stand in the presence of Almighty God,  Creator of heaven and earth and not submit to God’s Lordship and not surrender to God’s divine majesty?”

I wrestled and wrestled with this… no answer emerging.

Sometimes faith is wrestling with Scripture and finally saying… “Ok, I simply believe…”

Lord God, honestly I don’t quite understand how Satan can stand in Your presence and not acknowledge You as Lord God Almighty. My prayer, Lord, DO Not allow me to make the same mistake… Amen.

 

P.S. I felt I would be remiss if it didn’t acknowledge Job’s incredible faith in God. With all that happened on that ‘cursed of days’, losing everything, literally everything, all his children and wealth, Job still praises God: Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised (21).

Lord, may I display such faith in my life, and may it never be tested like Job’s was…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment