Wednesday, March 12: Ephesians 6- In God my everything.

Verse 10 pulled me in. As I read and then pondered the whole of the chapter, asking God to speak to me, verse 10 kept pulling on me. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Our strength is in the Lord; any power we might have is his mighty power.

Now that I am in Christ, part of God’s family by faith, the Lord is my everything. I live and breathe and find my being and strength in Him. I bring nothing of myself to the table. Anything I do bring is a gift from Him in the first place.

First, as I pondered this, a deep sense of awe and humility settled over me. The Lord God is my everything. I need Him in every conceivable way. I am utterly dependent upon Him.

As these thoughts steeped in my soul, a second sense began to well up. Growing out of the awe and humility came a strength and power to do and accomplish things of the Lord. God has things He wants me to do to advance His kingdom and agenda and He has granted me His strength and mighty power to do so. I don’t need to balk or worry, where God has called, God has equipped. How can I be so certain? Because I am in Christ and God has blessed me with all spiritual blessings in Christ (1:3).

Lord, I step out today as Your ambassador. Speak with me that I may do Your bidding, all You have for me to do today. I bring all Your strength and all Your mighty power with me wherever I go to do whatever You ask because I live and breath and find my being in You and in You alone. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment