Monday, July 6: 2Corinthians 13- Examine yourself.

The words of verse 5 stuck to me like superglue. Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.

Examine myself… test myself…

God bids me to do the hard work, the really hard of looking inside to make sure my life is not a shame or a façade but is one of real and genuine faith.

Have I truly surrendered to Jesus as Lord or am I just pretending?

Do I care more about what God thinks of the way I live or what other people think about me?

Am I giving effort to living my faith?

Do I do what I read in the Bible or not?

If I were put on trial for being a Christ follower would there be enough evidence to convict me?

At this point I get what God is saying to me, now I have to step away from the keyboard and do it. I suspect if you are reading this you have examination work to do, too.

God, grace me with eyes to see as I look inside… God, grace me with courage to be honest with myself… God, grace me with strength to deal with things You show me. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment