Wednesday, July 8: Psalm 48- Delighting in God.

Another morning of praise and lofty thoughts about our God. Psalms like this one lift my spirits and I soar to heights of praise for my God, the God of all creation. This morning, I sing with the psalmist (1-2, 9-10, 14):

Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise,

in the city of our God, his holy mountain.

Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth,

like the heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King. …

Within your temple, O God,

we meditate on your unfailing love.

Like your name, O God,

your praise reaches to the ends of the earth;

your right hand is filled with righteousness. …

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

O happy day… O happy day, my God reigns. He is exalted. His name is known around the earth. People from every corner of the world know and praise His name. And today I add my voice to the chorus of praises who sing to our great and mighty God.

As I sit this morning I am simply delighting in God… God, my Savior. I meditate on thoughts of Him. I delight in His grace and mercy and forgiveness and love…

Praise to the Lord the almighty, the king of creation.

O my soul praise his because he is my health and salvation

All you who hear, now to his temple draw near

Join me in glad adoration!!!

Praise and honor be to You, my Lord and my King, my God. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment