Saturday, September 26: Revelation 4- Honor God.

As worship spontaneously erupts before God’s throne in heaven we read, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever (10).

The image of the elders falling on their faces before God on the throne captured my attention. Reverence and honor came to mind as I considered the elders actions. In the face of the glory and majesty of God there was no other appropriate action than to fall on their faces. The way John describes the moment the elders voluntarily fall down before the Lord. They abase themselves in the presence of Almighty God.

Thinking about the elders caused me to think about my reverence of God. I may not be in heaven before the throne of God but the Lord still deserves the same honor from me.

I also thought that it is not the action of prostrating themselves per se but the honor that is due to the Lord. In other words, it is not whether I lay out before the Lord that is at stake, but whether I honor Him… in how I speak and live that matters right now. When I am ushered into His presence I, like the elders, will likely fall on my face before Him. But now….it matters how I live and how I speak about Him.

Honoring God… those words pound into my thoughts. Honor God. Respect God. Revere God… in thought, word, and deed by what I do and by what I choose not to do.

Lord, may the words of my mouth and the deeds of my life bring glory to You.  This, Lord, is how I might honor You today and all of my todays until I fall on my face before You when I enter Your throne room in heaven above. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment