Thursday, October 15: Revelation 20- Judgment Day.

… and each person was judged according to what they had done (13).

I don’t understand everything that happens in this chapter and I have many questions about the 1000 years. But setting that aside for another day, the text of verse 13 shouts to me… there will be a judgment day for everyone. I will stand before God and He will examine me and the things I have done and the things I choose not to do.

I have seen the judgment of God over and over in the chapters of Revelation and yet verse 13 in its direct simple-ness hits home harder than some of the other verses. Verse 13 also makes it clear I will be judged!

Verse 15 reminds me that the ultimate penalty of judgment, however, is dependent on another factor, whether a person’s name is written in the Book of Life. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. The Book of Life lists the names of people who have confessed Jesus as Lord –people who have before Judgment Day acknowledged Jesus as Lord of all and their Lord.

As I ponder my day of judgment, I am thankful for Jesus that He took my sins and nailed them to His cross. The outcome is not in doubt. I also believe that as my sins are judged, the grace, mercy and love of God and the sacrifice of Jesus will only grow in magnitude and wonder. as I see concretely for the first time how far short I fell and how great God’s love was for me, saving me through Jesus.

That will be quite a day and after that day I will join the chorus of The Saved praising God like I have heard Him praised throughout the reading of Revelation.

Praise God from whom all blessing flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above you heavenly host. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment