Saturday, July 23: Numbers 30- A tough chapter.

My, has the world changed for the better in this regard, I hope but it has certainly changed. I do not know how to handle this chapter personally.

In its ancient context of a patriarchal world it makes perfect sense and offers good order and clear understanding. However, connecting it to today and my life… not so much.

I am so glad that I am a Believer in the Second Covenant, the Covenant of Jesus, where there is no distinction due to ethnicity, gender or social status. (see Gal 3:28). Each and every person will stand before the Lord and be evaluated for their own life and behavior.

While it seems appropriate that children, both male and female, are under the care and guidance of their parents, the goal of parenthood, as I understand it, is not to control. It is to mold their children into God-fearing, wise adults who make good decisions and take responsibility and ownership for their own actions.

Lord, I pray that my wife and I succeeded in the parenting adventure. I pray for my children, all adults, that the faith planted would be owned and guide them. I pray that they be responsible, loving people who add value to their world and live lives empowered by You yielding Your fruit (Galatians 5:22-23) all the days of their lives. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment