Friday, November 25: Psalm 144- Loved.

David sees the Lord as active and integral in every part of his life. Warrior David sees the Lord in the strength of His hands the blows of his sword (see verse 1-2). Do I, do you, see Him integral to our lives? If I am a lawyer, do I see the Lord integral to my understanding the legal code, to my ability to defend, prosecute or mediate?

If I am an accountant do I see the Lord as integral to my ability to decipher ledgers and manage the complex markets of today?

As a doctor, teacher, mother, father, carpenter, business owner, cook and so on, do I see the Lord as integral to my work skills and work successes?

Then David muses in verses 3-4: LORD, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them? They are like a breath; their days are like a fleeting shadow.

What a thought… Why God? Why? Why do You trifle with us, mere humans? Why do you give us a second thought?

Other people may be able to go deeper into these verses than I can, but as I ponder these words I land on love. Lord God, You love us and so You care for us. And this is one amazing realization. I am loved by the infinite ,all-wise, all-powerful, creator God. This realization simply blows me away!!!

I am overwhelmed this morning by this realization.  I mean, I am having a visceral reaction.  I am overwhelmed and bathed in God’s love.

Blessed be the name of the Lord. He looks down from His perch in Heaven’s glory and cares for me and you and us. Oh my. The Great and Powerful Lord of ALL cares for me…

I bow to You, Lord. What can I do but surrender to Your gaze and Your love?  Through Jesus Christ I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment