Saturday, November 19: Psalm 139- Known.

As my eyes settled on this Psalm, and particularly the first verses, one word streamed wonderfully into my thoughts… KNOWN. I am known by the Lord.

You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely.

Along with the word ‘known’ came the words of the Tommy Walker song, “He knows my name.” The lyrics go like this:

I have a Maker

He formed my heart

Before even time began

My life was in his hands

 

I have a Father

He calls me His own

He'll never leave me

No matter where I go

 

He knows my name

He knows my every thought

He sees each tear that falls

And He hears me when I call

This song touches my heart and certainly its sentiment grows from this Psalm and other places in Scripture. (You can listen to the song on YouTube:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXrAqE_tSmo)

Oh, to be known by the Lord. Maybe for some people this is not a comforting thought but for me it is sooooo good. It gives me peace and comfort. To be known is to be loved. God knows me and He still loves me… AMAZING.

So here I am today, basking in being known… being known by God and being loved by God.

Thank you, Lord God. I feel so special and loved knowing that You know me intimately. You know my coming and going… You know my words before I even form them. What a gift, what a wonder… to be loved by the Lord.

Praise You and bless You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment