Thursday, November 17: Romans 16- A people builder or people destroyer.

This is one of my favorite chapters. I know that its’ content isn’t stimulating nor does it contain some great Christian Truth. What I love is the list of people. I listen to these names and what Paul recalls about them and I smile. I can make a difference. I can be a friend, a ‘father’ in the faith, a co-laborer, a deacon and so on.

These were everyday people and they all figured prominently in Paul’s life and ministry.

I can do that… I can figure in other people’s lives and faith! I can make a difference in at least one other life… and maybe more.

I just love the power of people together. It can be so much more effective than individuals.

Reading this chapter today, I noticed from verse 17 that we also have the power to harm as well as help. I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them (17).

Divisiveness hurts people and God’s family…

As encouraged as I am that I can make a difference in peoples’ lives and can encourage them in the Lord, I am also feeling warned that stoking petty or chronic divisiveness is a horror in God’s eyes…

I am asking myself… “What kind of person am I? A people builder or people destroyer?”

How about you, what kind of person are you?

Lord, I seek to be a people builder… please correct me when and where I fail and equip and mature me to be a better and better people builder as I grow in and with You. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment