Wednesday, November 15: Revelation 15- Singing thoughtfully in my heart .

Throughout Revelation songs are sung to the Lord, worship in the heavens to the God of God’s. The latest song is verses 3-4:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds,

Lord God Almighty.

Just and true are your ways,

King of the nations.

Who will not fear you, Lord,

and bring glory to your name?

For you alone are holy.

All nations will come and worship before you,

for your righteous acts have been revealed.”

I sat and read these words over and over, allowing each line to soak in. Great and marvelous are your deeds… I considered the span of Scripture and many of the Lord’s great and marvelous deeds

      Creation

      The ark and flood

      The burning bush calling out to Moses

      The signs (plagues) before Pharaoh

      The day the sun stood still

And so my thoughts went as I traveled through the OT and onto Jesus and the NT. Marvelous deeds indeed.

I wondered about the spectacles described in Revelation; God declaring His name and rule as He brings to a close the age of sin and readies to inaugurate the age of eternal life.

Just and true are your ways… though some of the scenes repeated what I found myself dwelling upon was times of God’s judgments... Pharaoh, the Amalekites, Israel sent to Babylon, Jesus on the cross. The Lord’s judgments are just and true.

I pondered the end of another song, Philippians 2:9-11: Therefore God exalted him [Jesus] to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. It connected with the words song above, Who will not fear you, Lord… All nations will come and worship before you, Eventually everyone will fear the Lord, some out of reverence and love –His redeemed –and the rest due to His wrath. But all will eventually fear the Lord.

And so it went this morning, connecting this song with thoughts, memories, Scriptures. In essence singing this song thoughtfully in my heart and soul.

Lord God, You are so good. Your steadfast love endures forever. Lord, Your ways are inscrutable. I am awed and humbled that You called me to Your heart. Praise be to You, Lord God Almighty. Amen and Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment