Saturday, September 6: Ezra 9- Facing our sin.

Ezra the priest is confronted with a new issue. The people have not been faithful. They have married women of different faiths in direct disobedience to the Lord.

It is never easy to face our sin. Ezra has to do it and he will have to lead the people to do it as well.

It is Saturday night. Tomorrow is worship and as a first Sunday of the month, tomorrow will be communion too. And it is a good habit to spend time prior to worship facing myself honestly… taking time in self-examination and confession where my self-examination leads me.

Search me and know me, Oh, God. See if there is any wickedness in me and purge the wickedness from me. I pray this, Lord, so that I might be an apt ambassador for You in all I say and all I do…

Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment