Wednesday, September 3: Ezra 6- God comes through.

One great theme of the OT is repeated again. God comes through. When things seemed darkest and the work on the temple was halted… God comes through, confirming the word He had spoken to them. God comes through. His will is accomplished. His word is upheld. And all things are accomplished in a way that increases the faith of the people and the honor of the Lord.

My thoughts flip to one of the great NT themes, God’s saving message of faith in Jesus Christ reaching the ends of the earth. Here, too, God will come through. God will confirm His word by accomplishing this task. It will happen.

Question is, “Will I take part in the advance of God’s name around the globe or not?” Will I give my service to the King by working to advance God’s cause? Will I be numbered with those who labor for God’s cause?

God saw to it that the temple was rebuilt, but it took the labor of all the repatriated Israelites to accomplish God’s feat. Likewise, will I be part of God’s labor force extending His name to the ends of the earth?

Will you?

I bow today and rededicate myself to Your cause, the advance of Your name, Your ideals, Your will and Your ways to the ends of the earth. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment