Friday, April 29: Hebrews 2- Listen up.

Chapter 2 blasts out of the starting gate, We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away (1).

Listen up, pay attention.  To what? The nightly news? NO. We are to pay attention to what we have heard about Jesus. Why? So we don’t drift away!

Pay attention. Listen up to what you have heard about Jesus.

Some of you have been reading the Bible with me for a couple of years now. Others may be new to reading the Bible. What I am hearing for my own life and for those who might read what I write is simple: Pay attention to what you have learned about Jesus. Don’t let thoughts and your belief about Jesus get pushed from the center of your life somewhere out toward the peripheral, where you might pay attention only once in a while. No, keep your listening to Jesus present and at the core of who you are becoming and how you live daily.

Drifting away happens and it is not good.  The way to prevent drifting away is to pay attention to Jesus!

Jesus is there to help you and me, that what verse 18 says, but if you drift away from Him how can He help you? And that’s God’s message for today.

Jesus, I need You. Like a boat or ship ties itself to a dock so it doesn’t drift away, I tie myself to You… today and every day! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment