Monday, April 11: Romans 2- Sin reaps its own reward.

Romans is so rich, I could almost read one verse a day and be wonderfully blessed by the Word of the Lord. I found myself pausing a number of times and thinking I could go deeper here. In the end, it was verses 11-16 that caused my lingering meditation… 

For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. … This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

How I live matters. Being from the bloodline of Abraham does not provide a person with a “get out of jail free” card when it comes to how we live our lives. God’s grace in Jesus Christ does not provide a person with a “get out of jail free” card when it comes to how we live our lives. Being rich or being poor does not provide a person with a “get out of jail free” card when it comes to how we live our lives.

How we live matters. The sin found in a Jew, in a Gentile, in a rich or poor or any other classification of person, will be judged on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ.

Thank God there is forgiveness for sins available in Jesus Christ! If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1John 1:9). Thank God that He gave the Holy Spirit to those who believe in Jesus so that the Spirit can teach us all truth (check out John 14:15-26, and 16:5-16). And thank God for Jesus’ death on the cross where He took our sin and gave us His righteousness…

O, Dear Lord, my sin cost You so much. O, Jesus, thank You for taking my sin to the cross and for giving me Your right standing before the Father.

Forgive my sins. I own them, I committed them, I deserve the punishment of forever separation from You for them.    Words do not serve me well in thanking You and praising You for the gift of salvation that Jesus gives to all who believe…

Help me to be a man after Your own heart.   O, Holy Spirit, strengthen me for living for Jesus all of my days… In the Father, Son and Holy Spirit’s name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment