Tuesday, April 19: Romans 9- God chooses

I found myself reading over and thinking about this chapter more than once. Its message is strong and argument clear. God chooses. The section title in my NIV Bible captures the theme well, God’s Sovereign Choice.

I am well aware of the consternation that this chapter will bring many, so be it. I cannot change the Word, mine is to learn from it and accept it as God’s Word and Truth.

So I (we) sit today, marveling at and wrestling with the Word…

Personally, I take comfort in God’s sovereign choice. I don’t know why God chose to reveal Himself to me. But neither can I say it has anything to do with inherent goodness or my desire to seek Him.  What I learn, again, is that it is all about God and for that I MUST praise and thank Him…

Romans 9:16: It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Romans 9:19-21 One of you will say to me: "Then why does God still blame us? For who resists his will?" But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'" Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

Lord, I sit here four days from Easter, realizing again that I am utterly and totally dependent upon You and Your grace for my salvation… Praise the name of Jesus… Praise the Father and the Spirit, too.  Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment