Wednesday, April 27: Romans 16- Does your life reflect Jesus?

God where do You want to challenge me this morning? What is it You want to say to me this morning through Your Word? These are the simple prayers that I wrap around my Bible reading daily. Lord, speak to me through Your Word.

As Paul greets person after person in verses 1-16, I thought, Wow, each of these people have, in some way, served Jesus and others. Some host/run a church in their home, some have ‘worked hard’ for the Lord, one mothered people in Jesus, one had been in prison… and so on. Amazing, each in their unique way served Jesus and their lives reflected Him.

Even as I was marveling at the different ways different people lived out their faith, a question formed in me. How am I reflecting and serving Jesus?

As the question lingered within me, I knew that was the Spirit’s focus for me today. How is my life showing that I love, worship and serve Jesus? The question tumbled in different iterations:

  • What is different about my life because I love, worship and serve Jesus?
  • How have I changed over the years because I love, worship and serve Jesus?
  • What would others notice about my life that they would attribute to my loving, worshiping and serving Jesus?

I leave these questions for you, as I mull them myself and then turn to pray…

Lord Jesus. since I have read this Word first thing in the morning, I pray that my life reflects You throughout the day. I pray that my attitude about others is Christ-like; that my greeting of others is Christ-like; and that the character of my life, that others see in me toda,y is filled with character traits that hone and reflect You, Jesus. In Your name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment