Monday, December 8: Psalm 6- How connected are you with the Lord?

David, ever expressive, turns to the Lord in a time of sickness.

The Lord was David’s ‘go to’ man. When David was in trouble, sick, in distress, fleeing from his enemies, etc. he prayed to the Lord. The more I think about it, when times were good he blessed the Lord.

David’s relationship with the Lord was woven into every aspect of his life.

I pondered what I just wrote, personalizing it and asking myself if every aspect of my life is woven into my relationship with the Lord.

The Lord led me on a brief review of the various areas/aspects of my life; together we probed my connection with Him in each area/aspect.

Personal…

Marital…

Family…

Social…

Professional…

Study…

Play & Recreations…

Hobbies…

And so my time with Jesus went, pondering how connected I am with Him, the Father and the Spirit in the various compartments of my life.

Lord, life is good and it is always best when shared with You. Thank You, Lord, for always being there with and for me, for helping me in distress, like David, today. Lord, you are the joy of my life, my rock and fortress. Praise be to You Lord God, Almighty. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment