Monday, September 13: 2Kings 19- In times of crisis, pray.

 

Two times in this chapter a simple phrase caught my eye. Verse 1: When King Hezekiah heard this, he tore his clothes and put on sackcloth and went into the temple of the LORD. Again in verse14: Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the LORD and spread it out before the LORD.

It was Hezekiah going to the temple that lit up as I read the text. The temple was the place where God dwelled, the place of sacrifice and communion with God. When trouble struck, when a crisis came, Hezekiah went to be with his Lord, Hezekiah prayed!

What a great reminder for me. When stuff happens…Pray! Fortunately as a Christ-follower, I do not have to go to a particular location to be with God. I can pause wherever I am and speak with the Lord… what a gift, what a blessing, what an invitation.

God invites us to turn to Him at any time when we need counsel, when we need to pour our hearts out, when we need help. Hezekiah turned to the Lord and God came through…

I pray the same for you and me…

So what’s your natural reaction to crisis, trouble and need? Hezekiah prayed…

Enough said, let’s pray…

Lord, You are my rock and fortress. I know You are there anytime and every time I need You. I thank You for the relationship we have, thanks to You. And I bless You and praise You for always being available and there for me and everyone who calls on Your name. Thank You, Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Thank You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment