Wednesday, September 8: 2Kings 15- March of kings.

I confess reading this chapter, and the march of kings with little added about their lives, didn’t spark much, if anything, as I read early in the morning. I sat and pondered. I looked back through the text. I reviewed a listing of kings and prophets that I constructed years ago to gain an overview of these years… not one significant ‘a-ha’.

So I paused, acknowledged the Lord, my God, and determined to return to this text later in the day. Occasionally my times with God are like this. Dedication on my end to be with the Lord… who am I to question why He seems to be silent this morning?

I examine my life.  Is there something significant blocking the Lord’s voice? Nothing that is immediately apparent.

Maybe the Lord is testing my resolve to be with Him, not to gain anything but simply to BE with Him.I don’t know… His ways are higher than my ways…

I pause again to contemplate and to pray.

I decide to enter the remainder of my day.I will come back to the text later.

Faithfulness in the mundane…??? That is the closing thought that I have. God invites me to be faithful in my time with Him even when nothing in particular seems to come from Him. And so I sit and ponder and pray and think and BE with my God…

Lord, I wish I had heard something from You today. It seems as if you are silent. Be that as it may, I draw myself close to You. You are my joy and crown, my Lord and Savior. You are my God … praise You, Lord God Almighty, praise You.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment