Saturday, September 18: 2Kings 24- Sin has its consequences

It was because of the LORD's anger that all this happened to Jerusalem and Judah, and in the end he thrust them from his presence (20).

Over and over we have read how kings and people did evil in the eyes of the Lord. Nebuchadnezzar was sin’s consequence and God’s judgment for all the years of forsaking God and running after other gods. Sin has consequences this side of eternity and in the next life…

We taught our kids, don’t play with fire you might get burned.

We taught our children, don’t run out into the street you might get hit by a car.

God taught his children, don’t play with sin you will reap consequences and judgment. Today’s chapter shows what happens when people flirt with sin rather than love God.

Today’s reading gives me pause… to think through my life.  How I am living right now?

Lord, I know I sin. Please forgive me.I bury my life in Jesus and thank You for the covering of His blood. Lord, even more so help me deal with those sin-pockets that live on within me, those areas I have not yet surrendered to Jesus.  Help me grow and mature, that I might lay those areas at Jesus’ feet and gain victory by the power of the Spirit.

Lord tomorrow as we worship, renew my life in You; take me to deep places of love, confession & forgiveness, instruction and praise… I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment