Monday, February 6: Judges 3- Tests from God.

Speaking of various Canaanite tribes we read, They were left to test the Israelites to see whether they would obey the LORD’s commands, which he had given their ancestors through Moses (4).

The word “test” drew my attention. God was testing Israel to see if they would be faithful. Israel did not pass the test, and still God sent them a judge as deliverer. And so the cycle, failure-oppression-salvation, repeats in this chapter and throughout the book of Judges. For that matter it repeats throughout the whole of the Old Testament.

Immediately as thoughts came to me I began to wonder what ‘tests’ the Lord was leaving to see if I will remain faithful? What tests does He use to see if we, His people, His church, will be faithful?

Is my affluence a test???  Do I use my income and resources to advance the cause of Jesus Christ and make disciples throughout the world?

Is my education a test??? Do I trust in myself and my ‘smarts’ rather than the Spirit of the Lord within me?

Are my hobbies a test??? Is God checking to see if I will be distracted by things and enjoyments I like rather than dedicated to serving Him?

And so on my questions went…

Oh, God, give me strength when I cam weak to pass Your tests so that the kingdom of God is advanced and Your name broadcast across the globe. I am Yours, use me to spread Your name and fame to all the world. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment