Tuesday, December 28: Luke 24- The reason Jesus came.

 

As I opened my Bible and saw today’s chapter, I actually said, “Hallelujah!” After the last couple of days contemplating the cross, the resurrection brought a refreshing release of joy.

This is why Jesus came… to set us free. This is why He was incarnate (was born). This is why He lived and taught and died… so that with His resurrection, He could break the curse of sin once and for all through His perfect atonement.

Jesus told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. (46-47). Now with the tomb empty and the plan of God fulfilled, repentance and forgiveness can be preached!!! It all started in that manger in Bethlehem.

I find myself wanting to spend a few minutes in thanksgiving and praise to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for my salvation.

I find myself wanting to spend a few minutes in praise and thanksgiving to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit for inviting me to become a herald of this great news. Jesus continued, “You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high." (48-49).

I invite you to join me in praising and thanking our great and awesome God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, for the gift of life They give through faith in Jesus Christ.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above you heavenly host. Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost!  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment