Friday, July 6: Colossians 1 -To be mature in Christ.

Colossians is one of my favorite books.  It seems like there is richness in every verse. The picture of Christ painted in this chapter stops me every time. Generally my image of Christ is of his incarnation; a man teaching or healing or on the cross.  However, but being the fullness of God, wow, that is quite another image.

Where I lingered, however, was in verses 10-12. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. I marvel the effect Paul desires from his prayer for the Colossians.

Live a life worthy of the Lord…

Please Him in every way…

Bearing fruit in every good work…

Growing in the knowledge of God…

Growing stronger with all power so that:

      They might have GREAT endurance

      Patience

      Joyful thanksgiving

When I put all this together, I see an incredible definition of what it means to be mature in Christ.

I slowly reviewed and pondered what Paul prayed for the Colossians. Do I see those traits growing in me?

Oh, God, would that those traits be seen growing in me!  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment