Thursday, July 19: Hosea 8 - It is time for discipline.

Yesterday, Hosea called one more time to a people who over and over again rejected God’s call to return. Today God’s message through Hosea says ‘enough is enough’, God will now discipline… Put the trumpet to your lips! An eagle is over the house of the LORD because the people have broken my covenant and rebelled against my law. Israel cries out to me, 'O our God, we acknowledge you!' But Israel has rejected what is good; an enemy will pursue him (1-3).

The trumpet of judgment has sounded, because people have said with their lips, our God we acknowledge you, but their lives do not confirm what their lips proclaimed!

Do I ever speak a better faith than I live? Do I ever put on airs and pretend to be more of a Christ-follower than my actions will confirm? I am reminded of a line from a Lloyd Ogilvie sermon, “If you were put on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?”

I chewed on this thought for the remainder of my time with the Lord…

Lord, may my life be a living testimony to You, Oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment