Tuesday, July 10: Colossians 4 - Season your conversations.

It’s funny how God can give you a living lesson. I happened to be out of town as I read this text and write the devotion. I'm in a gorgeous spot enjoying a most beautiful morning. I start my reading and verse 6 leaps off the page. That's what I want you to meditate on this morning, comes the whisper of God. I make my mental note.

Before I can move on the owner of the B&B I am staying at pops on to the porch to chat. Verse 6 keeps running through my mind as we chat about the 'nothings' of life. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Then as quickly as Tom appeared, he is off to other things.

My natural inclination was to ‘shoosh’ him away so I could enjoy, in peace, this pristine NE morning in Gloucester, MA… crisp, cool, and beautifully sunny with boats gliding in and out of the harbor.

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone... I think about it, one has to engage people in order to season a conversation!

I doubt my conversation had any real spiritual seasoning, the conversation was to short. But the lesson was experienced...

Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Think about it.  It is how the Gospel goes forth... person-to-person, one-on-one, seasoned-conversation by seasoned-conversation.

Lord, help me season my conversations with the salt of the Gospel… Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment