Wednesday, July 4: Daniel 11-12:2- Protected and Delivered.

When I came to the end of the chapter, I kept reading… it was actually verses 12:1-2 which caused me to pause and meditate. At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people--everyone whose name is found written in the book--will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Ahh, Daniel is visioning the end of times. The battles of chapter 11 lead to the end. These may be the battles depicted in Revelation.

My heart was drawn back to 12:1-2. God has a prince protecting His people. That’s worth chewing on.

God’s people have a protector. Reading of the ‘time of distress’ seems to indicate that some, among God’s people, will experience travesty during this ‘time of distress’ but the people of God will not be destroyed. They are protected!

The great promise of God is not that His people will NOT suffer, but that everyone whose name is found written in the book will be delivered. Along with this, they will be granted everlasting life at the Resurrection.

Thanks be to God!  Lord, give me strength to follow You wholeheartedly until my day comes to close my eyes in death or I see Your deliverance. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment