Friday, January 6: Joshua 1- A life God honors.

The words the Lord spoke to Joshua as he assumed leadership of Israel after Moses’ death called me to meditate.

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (7-9)

As I listen and internalize these words, the central tone struck by this word is obedience… complete and unwavering obedience. Obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left.

Meditation and contemplation throughout the day on the law is the primary chord of the tone struck in this word. Meditation as used in Christianity if filling ourselves with God’s Word with the goal of enhanced obedience not merely knowledge or understanding. Meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.

This word to Joshua works for anyone. A life that God honors is a life of obedience and love; a life that sits with God, loves the Lord and lives for the Lord.

How am I doing with this? How am I doing with my

Sitting…

Loving…

Living for and obeying…

the Lord, my God?

Now my daily meditation truly begins as I put my life to the Joshua test.

Lord, to live a life that honors You, this is my desire. Help me, Lord, I am weak and selfish. Help me. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment