Not a particularly exciting chapter, basically a list of defeated kings.
I thought, ‘when God is on the move things happen.’
Hmmm, when God is on the move, things happen… my thoughts exploded with examples.
· Israel marches out of Egypt and the Red Sea parts.
· Israel enters the Promised Land and the Jordan River pauses.
· A shepherd boy walks out on to a plain with 5 smooth stones and defeats a gigantic warrior with a sling.
· A crusading Jewish ‘want-a-be’ is knocked off his horse, comes to faith in Jesus and becomes the great apostle Paul
· A wild living rhetoric professor comes to faith and grows to be one of the most influential Christian voices of all time, is set in his course –Augustine.
· A monk, Martin Luther, nails his 95 Thesis to the Wittenberg Door.
· A British statesman takes on the slave trade and within 70 years British slave trade is ended and the movement ripples across the Atlantic into abolition.
· Jonathan Edwards preaches ‘Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God’ and a great awakening breaks out in New England.
· Mother Teresa, William Carey, Jim Elliot, names and deeds flood my thoughts…
When God is on the move things happen. And I haven’t even touched upon smaller regional moves of God. A former missionary, Dave Phillips, accepts a call as Pastor and a small congregation of loving people begin to burn with the light of Jesus Christ.
I began to wonder, where do I see God on the move today? And even more importantly, what might I do to join God and His movements?
When God is on the move things happen… join the movement!
Lord, where can I join Your movement today? What would You have me do to help push Your kingdom forward. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.