Monday, January 30: Joshua 21- The promises of God are sure.

All Israel has received her inheritance. Every tribe has their land or their cities. And so the chronicler of Israel’s memorializes God’s great deeds with these words:

So the LORD gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their ancestors, and they took possession of it and settled there. The LORD gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the LORD gave all their enemies into their hands. Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled (43-45).

My heart alights to this sentiment… Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; everyone was fulfilled. I, too, feel so blessed. I have not yet received my ultimate inheritance –eternity with the Lord in the glory of heaven. But every promise short of that one has been received.

I know the joy of God being with me… His burden is light. Nothing in life has been able to separate me from the love of Christ Jesus, my Lord. The trials I have endured have worked for my good and my growth. I have seen doors open allowing me to spread His light that I never could have imagined. I have felt the blessing of God in countless ways.

Yes, I pronounce with the author of Joshua, all the LORD’s good promises [have been] fulfilled.

God has kept His Word…

Have I kept my promises to the Lord? This question erupts within me. It sparks moments of self-evaluation...

Lord, search me and know me. It is so easy for me to justify me. I need the pure light from Your heart to show me my true self, to see how much I truly need You, my Savior and my Lord. I fall so far short of Your desire. I don’t measure up; I sin and still You love me, care for me, fulfill Your promises to me and forgive me.

I will sing of Your blessings. I will sing of Your love and mercy and grace. I will sing of You who saved my life, who redeemed me from the pit and adopted me into Your family.

I will sing of my Lord God –Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Halleluiah. Amen.!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment