Tuesday, January 24: Joshua 16- Am I lazy with my inheritance?.

 

They did not dislodge the Canaanites living in Gezer; to this day the Canaanites live among the people of Ephraim but are required to do forced labor (10).

I wondered about this sentence. Did it represent laziness or outright disobedience? By leaving Canaanites in the Land, Israel ran the risk of becoming religiously polluted and drawn away from the Lord by the Canaanite practices. Whether these particular people actually helped lead Israel astray I do not know. But I do know that Israel was led astray by many foreign religious practices.

Making them forced labor sounds like a helpful compromise, but was it a compromise from what God instructed? I think so… And compromise from the instructions of the Lord is disobedience.

I wonder if I compromise on some of the gifts and inheritances God gives to me? I wonder if I am lazy about using the gifts and inheritances the Lord gives to me?

Hmmm… some worthy thoughts to ponder and consider as I go about my day today.

Pierce my heart with Your truth, O Lord. Truth about Your greatness, love and mission and truth about me as Your child. Show me where I need to grow and mature as Your son, Lord. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment