Friday, March 24: Luke 15- Throw a party in heaven.

‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent (6b-7).

 ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents (9b-10).

For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate (24).

The theme of being lost and then being found comes across clearly in this chapter. Lost sheep, lost coin, lost son… the search, the longing and the celebration when the lost is found is also very clear. All heaven rejoices when one sinner repents.

So if we want to throw a party in heaven, search for someone who is lost in their sin and help them find the love, forgiveness and welcome of God when they come home.

Help me, Father, throw many parties in heaven. Lead me to the lost and then fill my mouth with words that honor and show them You. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment