Thursday, March 16: Luke 8- You can be God's dearest family.

In the middle of this chapter filled to overflowing with Jesus’ exploits –teaching and healing –there is a pause in the action. During the pause Jesus makes a stunning statement. Listen as Luke records the event. Now Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see him, but they were not able to get near him because of the crowd. Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to see you.” He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice” (19-21)

I allowed Jesus’ words to sink in. Everyone who is a true Jesus follower –hears and does His will –is His closest family. We are as close to Jesus as his mother and brothers. We are His intimate family.

There is no human closer to Jesus than you are if you listen to and do His will.

Do you care for your mom and siblings? I think we all do. That is the relationship Jesus uses to explain His care for you and me and everyone who hears and does His will.

As I sit I am humbled by Jesus’ love for me, for us, for his family.

I hope you are part of Jesus family, too…

Oh Jesus, thank you for this incredible statement of Your love for me, for us. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment