Tuesday, March 28: Luke 18- A deep probing.

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. After a brief parable about persistence, Jesus concludes: And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (1,7-8).

This Jesus-teaching stings mainly because I don’t believe that I am very persistent in prayer. I pray about something a couple of times but then I tend to move on.

Does this mean I lack faith? Does my lack of persistence in prayer suggest that I am privileged and therefore do not really need prayer because I can get done what I need without God? Or is my lack of persistence an indicator that the things I was praying for was a desire rather than a true need and I simply changed my mind?

I have more questions than I do answers… and my questions are cutting and exposing.

Oh, Lord God, if this text is exposing my immaturity or my privileged lifestyle or something else, please show me. Help me to see the sickness in me so that I might go to Dr. Jesus for healing. Help me to see any laziness in me so that I might go to Jesus, my trainer and coach, so that I might grow in faith and perseverance. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment